Waste Permit Scheme
4. Apply for a waste permit
You need a permit if you are:
- using a commercial vehicle
- using any vehicle with a trailer larger than 1.2m x 0.9m
- disposing of asbestos
- on foot
The vehicle must have no more than four wheels and must not be fitted with a mechanical tipping device.
You will need an email address to apply for a permit. One permit per household.
- All permits are now e-permits, which are faster and more efficient.
- If you wish to apply for an e-permit you must create an account.
- After which, you will be able to apply for subsequent e-permits by logging onto your waste permit account and requesting the relevant e-permit.
E-permits will be sent electronically in the form of an email containing a QR code. This QR code must be presented to HRC site staff (either in electronic or paper format) for validation before depositing waste.
Users will be refused entry to site without a valid e-permit.
Last updated: 9 March 2017