Here are some questions you might want to ask about a group and its staff.
Staff welcome your interest as many are parents themselves.
- Is the group affiliated to a larger organisation like the Scouts, Guides, Sports Council or Out of School Network?
- Is there a named contact within the local authority?
- Is the group subject to regulation and inspection by an outside body?
- Is there information available on the groups aims, staff, activities, cost, meeting day(s) and times?
- Is parental consent sought for outside visits, adventure activities etc?
- Are Criminal Record Bureau (CRB) checks carried out?
- Are staff trained in child protection?
- Are there enough staff?
- Is there guidance for staff behaviour?
- Can you visit the group to meet staff and see activities?
- Is there a health and safety policy and insurance?
- Is there a child protection policy?
- Have you asked other parents about the group and the staff?
Is there anything wrong with this page?