This is the largest of our country parks with well over 10 miles of well surfaced flat trackways and paths set in 535 acres of woodland and heathland. It's a great place for a family day out or just an afternoon stroll in the forest ending with a cup of coffee or ice cream next to the picturesque lake.
The great expanse of Black Park and its numerous formal and informal trackways and paths makes it an ideal location to explore on foot.
No matter how busy the park is you will always be able to find a quiet place to walk and enjoy the scenery and wildlife. Motor vehicles are restricted, so apart from the occasional parks or filming vehicle you will often enjoy generally vehicle-free tracks.
Things to see and do
- Children’s woodland adventure play area - free with equipment suitable for toddlers and younger children.
- Lakeside café – hot and cold meals, tea, coffee and snacks. Cafe San Remo is a great place to meet your friends.
- Orienteering course – permanent orienteering course, packs can be purchased for £1.50 online or at the Visitor Centre. Find out more about orienteering at Black Park.
- Walking – extensive forest paths and trails for walkers of all abilities with marked 1 mile trails. Join Simply Walk every Monday to explore the park more, get fit and meet new friends.
- Running – wide range of paths and tracks and ideal for runners of all abilities. There is a 5km Park Run every Saturday at 9am (you must register online first). We also have marked 1 mile trails.
- Cycling – safe off road cycling for all the family. If you don’t have your own bike, you can hire one from Go Ape.
- Go Ape Tree top adventure course – challenge yourself on the high wire rope bridges, giant Tarzan swing and zip wires.
- Go Ape Junior Tree Top Adventure course - A brand new tree top adventure course for 6-12 year olds, coming this April.
- Go Ape Forest Segways – a new and exciting way to see the amazing scenery that black park has to offer on an epic all terrain Forest Segway.
- Dog walking - well behaved dogs and responsible dog owners are welcome. Please respect the Dogs on leads and dog free areas. Please use the dog bins to maintain a clean, healthy park.
- Picnic areas – includes a dog free area. No fires or BBQs allowed.
- Model boats – electric, sail and steam model boats are welcome to use the bottom area of the lake. No petrol boats. Black Park Model Boat Club meet Thursday afternoons and Sunday mornings. Wildlife have priority at all times.
- Fishing – available to all free of charge, during car park opening hours, during the fishing season. Please abide by the country parks fishing rules.
- Horse riding – bridle paths run through the park. We cannot accommodate horseboxes in the car parks.
- Educational visits - Black Park is a fantastic outdoor educational resource for school and group visits. There are a set of four seasonal activity packs available to download for free to use when planning an educational site visit to Black Park. Find out more about our educational resources available.
- Car park - large pay and display car park only £2.50 to park your car for the day. Full pay and display charges
- Accessibility - over 10 miles of well surfaced trackways suitable for buggies and wheelchairs. Free parking for disabled badge holders and accessible toilets. Mobility buggies are available free of charge (prior booking required).
- Toilets - full toilet facilities including baby change and accessible toilets at Cafe San Remo and at the kiosk. Open daily from 10am, seasonal closing advertised on site.
- Visitor centre – located by the lake, near Cafe San Remo. Buy your annual parking permit or orienteering maps, pick up free maps and leaflets and find out more about the park.
- Meeting room - available to hire. Located by the lake near Café San Remo. A perfect base for team building days, school and group visits, children's parties and family get-togethers. Find out more about meeting room hire
- Black Park is a Green Flag Award Winner. The Green Flag Award Scheme recognises and rewards the best green spaces in the country.
How to get there
Black Park Country Park (Black Park is signposted from the A412 between Slough and Iver Heath)
Black Park Road
Black Park location map
Car parking information
Langley Station 2-4 miles walk on back roads (no footpath) and country park trails.
Connecting trains: Reading, Maidenhead, Burnham, Slough, Ealing Broadway and London Paddington.