Waste Permit Scheme

2. Who should have a waste permit

Most residents do not need a permit. Permits are not need if you are bringing household waste in a private car with up to 7 seats. However, you will need a permit if you are:

  • getting rid of asbestos 
  • visiting on foot
  • using any vehicle with a trailer larger than 1.2m x 0.9m
  • using a commercial vehicle, such as  a pick up, van, minibus (8-11 seats) or flatbed truck

Some vehicles are not allowed on sites at all, visit the Access and site restriction page to find out more.

If you need a permit, you must apply before visiting the Household Recycling Centre.

All permits are free to Buckinghamshire (and Tring and Slough) residents. 

If you have waste from a business, please visit the Business Waste pages.

One permit per household.


Hertfordshire and Slough residents

Residents from the Tring and West of Tring area of Hertfordshire can use Buckinghamshire's Aston Clinton Household Recycling Centre

Residents from Slough can use Buckinghamshire's Burnham and Langley Household Recycling Centres.

Trailer limits

All trailers larger than 1.2m x 0.9m require a permit. Trailers up to 1.8m x 1.2m are accepted at all sites, they must be no higher than 60cm.

Larger trailers (up to 2.4m x 1.8m) are accepted at Aston Clinton, Amersham, Aylesbury, Beaconsfield and High Heavens sites only.  

Print entire guide

Last updated: 25 June 2019

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good