Skip to main content

Waste Permit Scheme

4. Charity and not-for-profit organisations

Before applying for an e-permit or accessing a Household Recycling Centre, all charities need to contact the Environment Agency (EA). They must complete a WMC2 form to gain a waste carrier licence (or exemption).

Charity/charities also includes other voluntary/non-registered/not-for-profit organisations such as Churches, Youth Clubs and Town & Parish Councils.

You can view registration requirements online (via or by calling 08708 506 506. This will enable the EA to decide if it is appropriate to issue an exemption certificate. Once these details have been verified, please request a waste permit, providing this information.

Charity permits will only be issued to addresses in Buckinghamshire. Changes of address will require re-registration. Charities must show their waste carriers licence or exemption (as applicable) when disposing of waste at BCC HRCs.

Charities can only use the General Household and Recyclable e-permits and their restrictions.

List of items charities cannot dispose of:

  • DIY
  • asbestos
  • hazardous waste (e.g. air conditioning units, lead acid (vehicle) batteries)
  • chemicals
  • commercial fridges/freezers
  • computer monitors
  • fluorescent tube lights
  • gas bottles
  • oil
  • TVs and tyres

Charities are permitted to visit our recycling centres Monday to Friday only.



Print entire guide

Last updated: 31 January 2019

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good