1. Apply for a waste permit
Most visitors do not need a permit. Buckinghamshire Council uses a permit system to allow residents to visit the sites with large vehicles/trailers, in commercial vehicles and on foot. The permits help the Council manage the sites and deters businesses from disposing of their waste illegally.
All permits are free and you will need a permit if you are:
- using a commercial vehicle such as a pick up, van, minibus (8-11 seats) or flatbed truck
- disposing of asbestos
- using a trailer bigger than 0.9m x 1.2m
- on foot
Rules for permits
- Site staff can refuse entry to residents who need a permit but do not have one. Apply before you visit the recycling centre
- All waste brought to the site must be from the permit holders home.
- The householder who applied for the permit must be there when the waste is brought to the recycling centre.
- Once the time limit has run out on your permit, you must renew before you visit again.
- No business waste allowed to disposed of using a permit. Business customers can visit the business waste pages for more information.
- Some vehicles are still banned from the sites, visit the Permits and site restriction page to find out more.
How to get a permit?
- Click on the "apply" button below and create an account.
- You can then apply for your permit and future permits.
- Your e-permit will be sent via email with a QR code.
- Present the QR code to HRC site staff (either in electronic or paper format) for validation before depositing waste.
- Review your permit online so you can extend if you need to.
All trailers larger than 1.2m x 0.9m require a permit. Trailers up to 1.8m x 1.2m are accepted at all sites, they must be no higher than 60cm. Larger trailers (up to 2.4m x 1.8m) are accepted at Aston Clinton, Amersham, Aylesbury, Beaconsfield and High Wycombe sites only.