Waste Permit Scheme
4. Apply for a waste permit
You need a permit if you are:
- using a commercial vehicle
- using any vehicle with a trailer larger than 1.2m x 0.9m
- disposing of asbestos
- on foot
The vehicle must have no more than four wheels and must not be fitted with a mechanical tipping device or tail-lift. Please visit our Access and site restrictions page for more information.
Any waste being deposited must be from your own dwelling and generated from the address used in this application. It may not have been produced or collected by way of trade or business.
You will need an email address to apply for a permit. One permit per household.
- All permits are now e-permits, which are faster and more efficient.
- If you wish to apply for an e-permit you must create an account.
- After which, you will be able to apply for subsequent e-permits by logging onto your waste permit account and requesting the relevant e-permit.
E-permits will be sent electronically in the form of an email containing a QR code. This QR code must be presented to HRC site staff (either in electronic or paper format) for validation before depositing waste.
Users will be refused entry to site without a valid e-permit.
Last updated: 18 December 2018