Waste Permit Scheme
1. Apply for a waste permit
You only need a permit if you are:
- using a commercial vehicle
- using any vehicle with a trailer larger than 1.2m x 0.9m
- disposing of asbestos
- on foot
One permit per household. The householder who has been issued with the permit must be present when the waste is brought to the recycling centre.
Find more information on banned vehicles on our access and site restrictions page.
How does the permit work?
- If you wish to apply for an e-permit you must create an account
- You can then apply for your permit and future permits
- Your e-permit will be sent via email with a QR code.
- Present the QR code to HRC site staff (either in electronic or paper format) for validation before depositing waste.
- Make sure you know when your permit runs out.
Users will be refused entry to site without a valid e-permit.
Any waste being deposited must be from your home address used in this application. No business waste is allowed to be disposed of using an e-permit. Please note if you employ someone to take your waste to a household recycling centre the waste is then classed as business waste and charges will be applicable – visit the business waste pages.
Last updated: 21 February 2020