Skip to main content

Household recycling centres

5. Charity and commercial waste


All charities and other voluntary/non-registered/not-for-profit organisations must contact the Environment Agency (EA) for a waste carrier licence or exemption and complete a WMC2 form.

This includes organisations such as:

  • churches
  • youth clubs
  • town and parish councils

You can view registration requirements online (via or by calling 08708 506 506. This will enable the EA to decide if it is appropriate to issue an exemption certificate. 

Once these details have been verified, please request a waste permit, providing this information.

Charity permits will only be issued to addresses in Buckinghamshire. Changes of address will require re-registration. Charities must show their waste carriers licence or exemption (as applicable) when disposing of waste at BCC HRCs.

Charities can only use the general household and recyclable e-permits and their restrictions.

Charities cannot dispose of any of the following items:

  • DIY
  • asbestos
  • hazardous waste (e.g. air conditioning units
  • lead acid (vehicle) batteries
  • chemicals
  • commercial fridges/freezers
  • computer monitors
  • fluorescent tube lights
  • gas bottles
  • oil
  • TVs and tyres

Charities are permitted to visit our recycling centres Monday to Friday only.


Commercial waste

We can only accept commercial waste from five of our ten household recycling centres. Please visit our Commercial Waste pages for more information


Print entire guide

Last updated: 18 December 2018

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good