1st October - Winter Opening Hours

All household recycling centres move to winter opening hours, 9am-4pm, from Thursday 1st October

Household recycling centres

5/14/2021 3:48:24 PM

5. Charity and business waste

Commercial waste

Any waste that comes from a commercial activity is commercial waste. If you use part of your home to run your business then any waste from that part is commercial waste. Councils have no duty to dispose of commercial waste for free. Please visit our Commercial Waste pages for more information

Dispose of commercial waste at Household Recycling Centres

Buckinghamshire Council allows small businesses to use the Amersham, Aston Clinton, AylesburyBeaconsfield and High Wycombe sites to dispose of commercial waste. These sites accept commercial waste on weekdays only, Aylesbury HRC is closed every Wednesday and Thursday.

View the current commercial waste prices here.

You will need a Waste Carriers Licence before you visit, this is usually free if you only transport waste you produce yourself. You will be given a Waste Transfer Note as proof of proper disposal of the waste. 

These items are not accepted from businesses:

  • air conditioning units
  • asbestos
  • batteries
  • chemicals and paint
  • commercial fridge/freezers
  • computer monitors
  • fluorescent tube lights
  • gas bottles
  • oils (cooking and engine oil)
  • televisions and tyres


Charities and other voluntary/non-registered/not-for-profit organisations must dispose of their waste responsibly. Buckinghamshire Council allows these organisations based in Buckinghamshire to use household recycling centres on weekdays (Mon-Fri), but they must:

  1. Contact the Environment Agency (EA) for a waste carrier licence or exemption and complete a WMC2 form. You can view registration requirements here or by calling 03708 506 506. This will enable the EA to decide if it is appropriate to issue an exemption certificate. 
  2. Once these details have been verified, please request a waste permit, providing this information.
  3. Bring their waste carriers licence (or exemption) to the household recycling centre to show staff before depositing waste.
  4. All groups have to pay to dispose of non-household waste, visit the Charges for non-household waste page for prices

Charities cannot dispose of any of the following items:

  • asbestos
  • hazardous waste 
  • lead acid (vehicle) batteries
  • chemicals
  • any electrical items e.g. fridges/freezers, TVs & monitors, small appliances
  • light bulbs or fluorescent tube lights
  • gas bottles
  • cooking or engine oil
  • tyres


Print entire guide

Last updated: 14 May 2021

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good