Household recycling centres
4. Access and site restrictions
You can only visit a household recycling centre in a car, van, or small trailer.
Vehicles with trailers larger than 1.2m x 1.8m may only visit;
- Aston Clinton
- High Wycombe
You may need an permit to visit a site if you are:
- disposing of asbestos in any vehicle
- using a commercial vehicle
- on foot
- using any vehicle with a trailer larger than 1.2m x 0.9m
For safety and capacity reasons these are not allowed into any site:
- a vehicle with more than 4 wheels unless at a BCC Trade waste HRC
- a vehicle weighing more than 7.5 tonnes
- a trailer larger than 1.8m long x 1.2m wide, up to 60cm high with a cover and excluding tow bar
- a vehicle with a tipper or tipping tail lift mechanism
Also banned are vehicles carrying commercial waste, unless paying separately to dispose of commercial waste
Access on foot
To ensure that the health and safety of anyone walking waste into the sites an e-permit is required.
Waste left outside the gates
Any waste left outside the gates of Household Recycling Centres is fly-tipping, individuals caught will be liable for prosecution.
Each site has CCTV for site security, health and safety of the public and operatives.
Sites also have automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras to investigate fly-tipping and suspected traders depositing waste free of charge. The cameras also help monitor site usage and develop our services.
Last updated: 18 December 2018