Household recycling centres
4. Access and site restrictions
You can only visit a household recycling centre in a car, small trailer or van. Vehicles with trailers larger than 1.2m x 1.8m may only visit the Aylesbury, Amersham, Aston Clinton and High Wycombe household recycling centres. You may need an permit to visit a site if you are:
- disposing of asbestos in any vehicle
- using a commercial* vehicle
- on foot
using any vehicle with a trailer larger than 1.2m x 0.9m
For safety, site size and capacity reasons these vehicles are not allowed into any household recycling centre.
- Any vehicle with more than 4 wheels unless at a BCC Trade waste HRC
- Any vehicle weighing more than 7.5 tonnes
- Any trailer larger than 1.8m long x 1.2m wide, up to 60cm high with a cover and excluding tow bar
- Any vehicle with a tipper or tipping tail lift mechanism
Also banned are vehicles carrying commercial waste, unless paying separately to dispose of commercial waste
Access on foot
To ensure that the health and safety of anyone walking waste into the sites is maintained, an e-permit is required for anyone wishing to walk waste into the sites.
Waste left outside the gates
Any waste left outside the gates of Household Recycling Centres is fly-tipping, individuals caught will be liable for prosecution. Each site has CCTV for site security, health and safety of the public and operatives and ANPR cameras to investigate fly-tipping and suspected traders depositing waste free of charge. The cameras also help monitor site usage and develop our services.
Last updated: 1 February 2017