Household recycling centres
6. Acceptable waste
You can get rid of personal waste at our Household Recycling Centres.
We don’t accept at our recycling centres:
- Animal bedding, carcasses and faeces
- Contaminated materials presenting a direct contact risk
- Tree trunks and branches thicker than 20cm and or longer than 2m
- Flammable liquids and explosives eg. petrol / fireworks / ammunition
We do recycle at our recycling centres:
- Batteries (eg. torch type and small rechargeable) and car batteries – max. 2 per year
- Car tyres – max. 5 car tyres per year
- Cooking oil
- Engine Filters and waste engine oil – max. 10 litres per year
- Glass bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Hardcore (eg. bricks, rubble)
- Household electrical goods
- Light bulbs and Fluorescent tubes - max. 4 fluorescent tubes per year
- Man-made wood (eg. chipboard or MDF)
- Scrap metal including fridges, foil and drinks cans
- Textiles and clothes
If an item you would like to recycle is not listed here, please see our guide to items you can recycle in your ares.
Accepted at some centres with conditions
Asbestos and garden chemicals - further rules apply
Please ensure that you remove all tiles, wood, concrete render, plastic, bricks, cement board and metal from the plasterboard before bringing it to our sites for recycling.
Please note our trade facilities operate with different opening hours and there is a charge for disposal. Please see Commercial waste for more details.
Last updated: 18 December 2017