Commercial services are unavailable today
Unfortunately Aylesbury Recycling Centre is unable to accept any commercial waste currently. In the meantime, you may be able to use an alternative site - Find another site here
Any waste that comes from a commercial activity is business waste. If you use part of your home to run your business then any waste from that part is business waste. Councils have no duty to dispose of commercial waste for free.
Business have a duty to:
- dispose of their own waste
- complete a waste transfer note for each load of waste that leaves their premises
- keep waste to a minimum, get help on how to reduce waste
- sort and store waste safely and securely
- check if their waste carrier is registered to dispose of waste
- report a waste carrier to Crimestoppers if they dispose of their waste illegally
What to do with business waste
There are many companies and local authorities that offer waste management services. If small businesses wish to dispose of their own waste, they can bring it to one of the five facilities run by the council open Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm (Oct-Mar) and 9am to 6pm (Apr-Sep):
- Amersham Household Recycling Centre
- Aston Clinton Household Recycling Centre
- Aylesbury Household Recycling Centre
- Beaconsfield Household Recycling Centre
- High Wycombe Household Recycling Centre (High Heavens)
View our trade waste charges
These items are not accepted from business sources:
- air conditioning units
- chemicals and paint
- commercial fridge/freezers
- computer monitors
- fluorescent tube lights
- gas bottles
- oils (cooking and engine oil)
- televisions and tyres
Using a commercial vehicle
If you want to take your personal household waste in a commercial vehicle, you will need a permit. Find out more about applying for a waste permit.
However, if you are carrying waste for someone else then it is business waste and should be taken to one of the five sites that accept business waste.
Waste Carrier Licence
Anyone transporting business waste should have a waste carriers licence. The Environment Agency provide Waste Carrier Licensing. To contact their helpline call, 03708 506 506.
Residents and businesses should only give their waste to a licensed person or to a Waste Manager who is authorised to accept the waste. They should always ask to see a company's waste carrier registration or contact the Environment Agency for an instant Waste Carrier Validation check.