Transport plans and policies
3. Developer travel planning
A Travel Plan is a document designed to mitigate the transport impacts of a development on the highway network. Travel plans are required for most new commercial and residential developments of 80 dwellings or more.
Travel plans should include the following essential elements.
- A description of the development.
- A baseline survey of the residents/staff/visitors.
- A named travel plan coordinator.
- Realistic objectives appropriate to the site.
- A clear action plan of measures to encourage use of sustainable transport.
- A ‘SMART’ Target to reduce single occupancy car use by at least 10% within the first 5 years of occupation.
- Commitment to monitor and review the travel plan.
The guidelines include a detailed template to enable the developer to produce a robust and effective travel plan.
Developers should contact us as soon as possible to see what guidance and advice we can offer. This will help ensure the travel plan meets with Buckinghamshire's criteria.
The cost to a developer will be £1000 annually for support from us for 5 years. A breakdown of charges is provided in the guidelines. We provide a list of suggested initiatives for travel plan coordinators. We will also support the travel plan by providing regular newsletters and campaign resources.
For more information please email email@example.com.
Last updated: 26 March 2020