4. Countywide Network Model
The Buckinghamshire County wide model aims to complement delivery of Economic Strategies and business case developments by:-
- Assisting in the appraisal of current and future impacts of infrastructure projects with regard to the performance of Buckinghamshire’s transport networks. particularly the identification of wider implications for economic, environmental, and social impacts.
- Assisting the development of quantitative business cases for major infrastructure investments in order to secure capital funding from a range of sources.
- Assisting the provision of evidence to support the delivery of infrastructure across Buckinghamshire, using the application of evidence-based analysis of problems / solutions and high quality presentation of analyses through the use of GIS and web reporting tools.
- Maximising the benefits from available data and current analytical models through application of relevant, available information sources. Then interfacing with existing local transport models, including those for Aylesbury, High Wycombe and Buckingham.
- Providing benefits in the delivery of strategic planning (Local Plans), network management and environmental assessment/monitoring. Then offering potential benefits across a wide range of Council functions.
- Supporting major project through statutory planning processes.
Analysing major schemes
Illustrating wider changes in flow/delay
Exports into GIS/Spatial systems
Public transport ridership
|Benefits of use:||
Processing large amounts of demographic data
Understanding changes in demand
Exports for economic or environmental assessment
Last updated: 29 October 2018