The following live and planned roadworks and road closures are necessary for the completion of works delivered as part of the High Wycombe Town Centre Masterplan. As future schemes are progressed we will add new roadworks notices below.
Alternative Route Phase 3 Construction Works
There are a number of utility diversions (gas, water, electricity and telephone) which are needed for the delivery of the Alternative Route Phase 3 scheme, and BCC are undertaking these together with the main works. Inland Homes plc also need utility diversions to be undertaken for their development and the BCC project team are working collaboratively with them and the utility companies to minimise the cost and impact on road users, local residents and key stakeholders.
- Lowering of existing electrical cabling on Suffield Road by Scottish & Southern Electricity (Works currently being planned)
- Relocation of existing sub-station from Lily's Walk to Rutland street by Scottish & Southern Electricity (Works currently being planned)
- Thames Water mains, surface and foul water drainage diversions (Works currently being planned)
- Lowering of existing gas services by Cadent Gas. As part of these works Cadent will need to temporarily close the access to Rutland Street from Suffield Road. (Works complete)
- Lowering of fibre optic cables and removal of redundant cables and telephone poles by BT Openreach (Works due to complete 8 Dec)
Alternative Route Phase 4 Construction Works
Rutland Street (North)
To deliver the Phase 4 scheme we will once again need to close Rutland Street between Desborough Road and Wendover Street from the 25 September until 27 July 2018. This is where we will keep the site compound and welfare facilities for the site team and contractor. As members of the Considerate Contractors Scheme Eurovia Contracting are aware of the potential noise and environmental impacts of the site compound located next to a residential area and will seek to minimise their impact and will be a good neighbour throughout the delivery of Phase 4.
There are a small number of utility diversions (gas, water, electricity and telephone) which are needed for the delivery of the Alternative Route Phase 4 scheme, and BCC are undertaking these together with the main works.
- Electrical connection from Desborough Road for Phase 4 Site Compound on Rutland Street by Scottish & Southern Electricity (Works planned to start 3 January 2018)