A413 Sustainable Travel Scheme
Buckingham – Winslow cycleway extension scheme
In February 2017, Buckinghamshire County Council via Transport for Buckinghamshire delivered a 9km shared cycle and footway with Real Time Passenger Information along the A413 between Buckingham (from Tesco roundabout) to Winslow.
The A413 Sustainable Travel Scheme is primarily funded from the government's Local Growth Fund, through the Buckinghamshire Thames Valley Local Enterprise Partnership.
The scheme aims to encourage sustainable travel via bus, cycling and walking to the village/ town centres and the planned east-west (Winslow) train station as well as other local destinations along the A413 corridor.
Buckinghamshire County Council Transport Cabinet Member Mark Shaw and the Cabinet Member for Resources, John Chilver, visited the new cycleway on 25 October 2017 to see the works that have been completed and to have a bicycle ride.
We are now working on plans to extend the new cycleway along the A413 into the Buckingham Town Centre. Consultation to extend phase 1 of the new cycleway between the Lace Hill roundabout and the Buckingham town centre ended 24 January 2018.
Buckingham – Winslow cycleway extension proposal is a continuation of the completed walking and cycling improvements along the A413 corridor from Winslow town centre to the Lace Hill roundabout in Buckingham.
The Buckingham – Winslow cycleway extension scheme is part of the Buckingham cycling strategy, developed in partnership by the County Council and Buckingham Town Council. This proposal will help to complete a high-quality walking and cycle link between the heart of Winslow and Buckingham town centres. The scheme was is funded by developer contributions of £350,000.
It is our intention to deliver the scheme in two phases:
Route from where the A413 Sustainable Travel Scheme ends on the east side of the A413 to the Buckingham town centre.
The route uses Hare Close and progresses on-road towards Badgers Way, takes a left hand turn and follows Badgers Way to the junction with Burton Road. The path will then continue into Bourton Park using existing footpath which will be resurfaced where required, crossing the river twice and finishing in the Waitrose carpark (see plan).
We have consulted on phase 1 proposal – See below link to the Consultation Review Route Plan
Route from where the A413 Sustainable Travel Scheme ends (on the west side of the A413) then proceed up to the western side of the London Road. Connections would be provided to the Swan Pool, The Buckingham School and The Royal Latin School.
- All comments received during the consultation period for phase 1 will be reviewed. Following which a report setting out the general outcome and support for the scheme will be determined.
- The report for phase 1 proposal will be weighed against other BCC priorities and will form a part of the final decision process.
- On 06 March 2018, The Buckingham - Winslow Cycleway Extension Scheme (Phase 1) Cabinet Member Decision was signed. Please find details via the link below:
- Current programme is to commence phase 1 construction works late May / early June 2018 (for a period of 4-6 weeks).
Emergency Contact Numbers
Transport for Buckinghamshire Out of office (Highways): 01296 486630
- Bulletin #001
- Bulletin #002
- Bulletin #003
- Bulletin #004
- Bulletin #005
- Traffic Management Plan 1
- Traffic Management Plan 2
- Winslow & District LAF Update, 5 December 2017
- Consultation Review Route Plan