Tips for Winter Driving
Here are a few tips on how to stay safe this winter:
- Only travel when absolutely necessary
- Allow more time for your journey
- Slow down and leave increased space between you and the vehicle in front
- Plan your journey.
Keep the following in the car:
- De-icing equipment
- Warm clothes
- Food & drink
- High visibility jacket
- First aid kit
- A hazard warning triangle
- Mobile Phone (fully charged)
- Wellington boots
- Your tyres are at the correct pressures.
- Your vehicle lights are clean and working.
- Your wiper blades are effective.
- Your battery is in good condition and fully charged.
- Your vehicle anti-freeze is the right concentration (your garage can do this for you).
- Your windows and mirrors are clear of ice or condensation.
- You have plenty of fuel.
Listen to local radio and traffic reports, they can help with planning your journey.