Safety at school entrances
School entrances are often very congested at the beginning and end of the school day.
Here are some of the things we can do to keep the area safe:
- "School Keep Clear" markings (yellow zig zags) on the school side of the road
- School warning triangle on approach roads
- Provide School Crossing Patrollers
- Patrol signs at schools with a School Crossing Patroller
- Place warning flashing lights on the advance ‘School’ warning triangle where there is restricted visibility.
- Help schools with their Travel Plans
- Traffic calming
- Guard rails to stop children running straight out of the school gates
How you can help
- Leave your car at home and walk to school with your children
- If you drive, ensure your children get in and out on the kerb side
- Consider parking a little further away from the school entrance and walk the last bit with your children
- Use a car park if there is one
- Don't double park or park on the school entrance markings
- Don't reverse into the school entrance
- Share the school run with other parents
You can request the above online
Is there anything wrong with this page?