Waddesdon speed mitigation
About the project
A funding pot of £80,000 has been made available to improve safety features along the A41. This funding will provide speed mitigation and other safety features along the A41 in Waddesdon.
HS2 Ltd. will be using the A41 as a construction route. Buckinghamshire County Council (BCC) has worked closely with Waddesdon Parish Council to confirm that the measures to be implemented along the section of the A41 impacted by HS2 construction traffic are accepted by the public.
Transport for Buckinghamshire (TfB) has developed a feasibility study collating the available options and including indicative costings for each measure. These were reviewed and chosen carefully.
The following measures were implemented:
- Bollard works outside the village hall on Baker Street, at the junction of the A41 with Wood Street and at the junction of the A41 with Quainton Road.
- Refreshing road markings throughout the village
- Installing gateways at the three entry points to the village – Quainton Road, A41 East (towards Aylesbury) and A41 West (towards Bicester).
- Installing red-backed speed limit roundels and dragon’s teeth road markings by the gateways in Quainton Road and A41 West (towards Bicester)
- Double-sided Vehicle Activated Sign with a 30mph roundel and flashing lights
Works have now been completed.
For any questions or queries: