Princes Risborough Southern Road Links (PRSRL)
To support the delivery of around 2500 homes, we are working on phase 1 of the Princes Risborough Relief Road, known as Princes Risborough Southern Road Links (PRSRL).
Phase 1 of the project will include:
- replacement of the single track rail bridge (PRA14 - Aylesbury to Princes Risborough Line) on Summerleys Road
- carriageway improvements along Summerleys Road
- new signalised junction with Summerleys Road, Station Road and Station Approach
- new link road connecting Summerleys Road through to Picts Lane and associated accommodation works
- carriageway improvements along Picts Lane up through to Shootacre Lane including junction safety improvement
What has happened so far
So far in the project, we have:
- completed a consultation of the Princes Risborough Expansion Plan as part of the Wycombe Area Local Plan
- received confirmation of £12M of funding through Homes England’s allocation of the Housing Infrastructure Fund (HIF)
- appointed Balfour Beatty through the Scape Framework to progress the Phase 1 preliminary design and planning submission
- surveyed the land to start our preliminary design
- begun the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA)
- begun transport modelling to further inform design and Transport Assessment (TA)
The next steps of the project include:
- completion of the preliminary design
- arranging a pre-planning consultation
- discussions with landowners to continue
The Wycombe District Local Plan was submitted for examination in public in March 2018. Hearings were held over the summer of 2018, and the Main Modifications consultation was held in early 2019.
The Local Plan allocates around 2500 homes in Princes Risborough, mostly through a major expansion west of the town.
View more information on the Princes Risborough Expansion Plan consultation.
Buckinghamshire Council and its consultants will begin preparing the Environment Impact Assessment and Transport Assessment ahead of a public consultation this autumn 2020.
We will then use this opportunity to gather comments from our key stakeholders and local community to further refine the scheme ahead of a planning application submission anticipated early in 2021.
You can also, view our previous bulletins.