Crest Road signalisation
Construction work starts January 25 for seven months to convert the current roundabout at the junction of A4010 John Hall Way/Crest Road in High Wycombe to an intelligent traffic signal controlled junction. The scheme follows a ‘virtual’ consultation on the proposals last summer, which attracted over 800 views. The majority of those who responded supported the plans and a number of additional suggestions have been incorporated into the final design. Further information can be found on our virtual consultation.
As part of the project, the cycleway along John Hall Way will be extended to meet Holmers Farm Way and the Handy Cross roundabout. By extending the cycleway, it will be possible to cycle off road from Crest Road to Holmers Farm Way and then to Cressex Business Park via the cycleway on Cressex Link Road.
The project is due for completion by September 2021.
The below images show the road closure plan and diversion route.
The Crest Road Signalisation proposals include:
- new signalised junction and removal of existing roundabout at Crest Road/A4010 John Hall Way
- new shared use path on the south side of John Hall Way for cyclists and pedestrians
- new toucan crossings at the Crest Road Junction
- additional right turn lane from Crest Road into John Hall Way
- additional westbound through lane on John Hall Way
- new landscaping and tree planting
- necessary tree removal along Holiday Inn boundary to improve sight lines of the junction
- new wayfinding and signage
- new road surfacing
These improvements aim to improve traffic flow, reduce congestion, provide safer crossing points for pedestrians and cyclists with controlled crossings, and improve sustainable travel options in the area.
What's happened so far
So far, we've carried out:
- a feasibility study, including transport modelling and junction assessment works
- site investigations
- the preliminary and detailed design
- a ‘virtual’ public consultation.
The next steps for the project will see:
- Construction starting January 25. The work will be completed in 4 phases:
- Phase 1: January to February: Site clearance, removal of traffic islands, carriageway crossings, roundabout and vegetation clearance
- Phase 2: February to July: Utility diversion work, new footway construction and road widening
- Phase 3: July to August: Construction of new traffic islands, installation of traffic signals, street lighting and signs. Landscaping.
- Phase 4: July to August: Road re-surfacing and new road markings
View the proposed layout on our Crest Road signalisation consultation plan.
We will be providing regular project updates through e-bulletins.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com or telephone 01296 395 000.