A413 Wendover cycleway improvements
About the project
The aim of this project is to improve and repair existing cycleways in Wendover. It is scheduled for completion by the end of 2020.
The community in Wendover has asked for improvements to cycleways as compensation from HS2 Ltd. This project aims to:
- improve connectivity in Buckinghamshire
- encourage cycling for short journeys
- promote sustainable travel
Buckinghamshire County Council and Wendover Parish Council are working together to find improvements to cycleways. A feasibility study has been created to highlight all potential improvements. The study will outline advantages and disadvantages of each option.
A consultation event will be held with the local community before a final decision is made.
The consultation event will include high-level designs to show the improvements. The local community will have the opportunity to provide feedback.
- Meetings have been held with Wendover Parish Council and local cycling groups to discuss potential areas for improvement regarding the cycle ways in the Wendover area
- The Parish Council has reached out to the community for their suggestions on cycleway improvements
- A feasibility report is being developed that collates all of the suggestions for improvements to the cycle ways. This report will then be reviewed by Buckinghamshire County Council and Wendover Parish Council in order to inform a decision on a recommended option for public consultation
- An initial concept design will be developed for the proposed improvements that could be made to the cycle ways in Wendover
- A consultation event will take place with the local community in order to provide an opportunity for feedback
For any questions or queries: