Removing obstructions from roads
It is an offence to obstruct the free passage of the highway.
Obstructions are objects which have been unlawfully placed on or which overhang the highway.
- Builders' skips
- Builders' materials
- Temporary works including traffic lights
- Overhanging tree branches, hedges
- Mud/debris on the road
- Mixing concrete/mortar on the highway
- Unauthorised vendors/traders
- Encroachment of highway boundaries
- Discharge of water onto the highway
- Blocking rights of way
- Plants and bushes
- Illegal signs
To report obstructions on the highway or footpath use on online reporting tool.
Is there anything wrong with this page?