List of streets we manage
We are responsible for:
- A roads Primary, non-trunk roads, green backed road signs
- A, B and C Non-primary, white backed road signs
- Un-classified roads Non-primary, white backed road signs
- All ‘A’ roads in Buckinghamshire constitute the principal road network of the county Motorways, trunk roads. Some ‘A’ roads in Buckinghamshire also constitute the Strategic Highways Network (SHN)
Find out who maintains your street
Find who is responsible for the maintenance of your street.
About the list
We regularly update this in light of new road adoptions. Whilst all effort is made to ensure the list is up to date, it cannot be guaranteed.
This list should only be used as an indication as to whether a street is publicly maintainable or not. Full details and extent of maintenance responsibility can be obtained by either ordering records for either '2.1 Roads and public rights of way' or a 'Highway Extents Plan' online.
The reason this information is chargeable is for us to determine whether or not mixed maintenance responsibility applies to a specific property. This means that we have to make an interpretation of the data that is available. Therefore, it is this interpretation which results in costs. So, under the Freedom of Information Act, we can supply the List of Streets, but we are under no obligation to look into this further and interpret what that means.
For queries about the Section 36 Street List, contact:
Highways Authority are responsible for:
- Motorways (blue backed signs), which in Buckinghamshire includes:
- M4 (between junctions 7 and 8/9)
- M25 (between junctions 17 and 15/4B)
- M40 (between Junctions 1 and 6 & 8 and 9)
- Trunk roads (green backed signs) A404(T)
- A40(T) (from M40 J1 (Denham) – eastwards into London Borough of Hillingdon