Skip to main content

Claim for damage

You can make a claim for damage to yourself, your vehicle or property. If the incident that caused the damage occurred in an area under the responsibility of the Council. 

To make a claim you will need:

  • exact date and time
  • details of the incident (location, weather)
  • Insurance policy details for your vehicle
  • Photo's of the cause of accident and damage (if safe to do so) 
  • V5 document, if claiming for damage to a vehicle *
  • Your National Insurance number
  • Details of any treatment you had (if personal injury claim)

If relevant, 

  • Witness details
  • Police incident reference number
  • Vehicle details including mileage 
  • Invoices for repairs *

* We suggest you have these in a pdf or similar prior to filling in the form.  It takes approximately 20 minutes to complete the claim form.

Make a claim

We may request your MOT certificate at a later date.

If you are claiming for more than one incident you will need to submit a separate claim form for each.

Your claim will only be successful if the Council can be proven to be negligent.

There may be times where we are not responsible for the location/ defect that caused your incident. In those instances, your claim will be sent to a Third Party.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good