Service delivery statement
|First published:||09 January 2017|
|Last updated:||27 June 2019|
Transport for Buckinghamshire is an integrated service delivery organisation consisting of Buckinghamshire County Council and Ringway Jacobs working collaboratively to provide an excellent service to manage, maintain and improve Buckinghamshire’s transport network. Delivering the County’s objectives, through a culture of excellence and with a passion for public and employee safety, provides value for money for our residents, members and visitors. Our vision is to make Buckinghamshire a more healthy, safe and successful place to live, work and visit. We will maintain and enhance our special environment, whilst ensuring that businesses thrive and grow in the County’s economy.
Service delivery principles
In pursuance of this vision we will take a long-term view to deliver sustainable and efficient services and focus on service outcomes, rather than just outputs. This will help shape our delivery and by listening to the public place the customer at the heart of everything we do. Our attitude and aptitude to service delivery are completely aligned to the Council’s objectives and the needs of residents and visitors. We engender a sense of working together, with greater clarity of purpose, earning trust from our customers, and by informing the public about our services, offer good value for money to the residents of Buckinghamshire.
Service delivery activities
In pursuing the principles outlined above we will:
- Ensure that safety is recognised as the most important aspect of what we do by actively promoting and participating in safety campaigns to highlight the importance of safety in our daily work.
- Work closely with elected Members and senior officers to ensure the success of the integrated contract model. We will involve supply chain partners in key training and in the development of initiatives to fully integrate all parties right from the planning stage.
- Put the customer at the heart of our service by listening and informing through a wide-ranging communication strategy.
- Demonstrate benefits and value for money of the integrated delivery model by identifying efficiencies through comparison of the TfB contract with other contracts, benchmarking our services, and undertaking reviews to promote continuous improvement.
- Realise the potential of all our employees through empowerment and engagement, developing and implementing a learning and development strategy, introducing succession and resilience plans, and developing a comprehensive recruitment and retention strategy.
- Deliver best value by identifying efficiencies and revenue opportunities, complying with business processes, governance and management systems to balance cost, risk and performance.
- Recognise, enhance and protect our special environment by committing to reducing our carbon footprint, promoting biodiversity and reducing waste.