Challenge a parking fine

You can challenge a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) if you believe it's wrong. You will need to do this within 28 days of receiving it. 

You can make your challenge online, you'll need:

  • Vehicle Registration Number
  • Penalty Charge Notice (PCN)


Once you've made your challenge, the council will then send a Notice of Rejection of Representations to the keeper. Your challenge will then be dealt with by the Traffic Penalty Tribunal.


Other ways to challenge

You can also make your challenge by post or email. 

NSL, Transport for Buckinghamshire
PO Box 195
Lowton Way
S98 1LY

Telephone: 03432 085 544


If your challenge is successful

You will not have to pay the fine if your informal challenge is accepted.


If your challenge is unsuccessful

If you are unsuccessful with your challenge, you’ll get a 'notice of rejection'. This gives you 28 days to pay your fine.


Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good