Skip to main content
One Council - Only 3 days left to give your view!

Have your say  - it only takes a minute!

Apply to put tables and chairs on public land

You need a licence to put tables and chairs outside any cafe or shop (for example) where it is public land we maintain. 


What happens next?

Please note that your application will not be processed should you fail to submit the required supporting documents.  Failure to submit supporting information will cause delays and may affect your start date.

  • Applications take approximately four weeks to process
  • Licences are valid for a year

If you are unsure if the area you wish to put tables and chairs is private or not, check the list of streets.

Help us to improve Buckinghamshire County Council

Don't include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.