Skip to main content

Apply to put materials on the highway

You need a licence if you are going to put materials (buildings materials, rubbish) on the verge, footway, footpath or carriageway. 

To make an application you need:

  • a copy public liability insurance certificate

Online applications take approximately 3 minutes to complete.


What happens next

Please note that your application will not be processed should you fail to submit the required supporting documents.  Failure to submit supporting information will cause delays and may affect your start date.

Applications will take approximately 4 weeks to complete (providing all documents are submitted).

The licence will be valid for 28 calendar days. 

If you are unsure if the area you wish to put materials is private or not, check the list of streets.

Help us to improve Buckinghamshire County Council

Don't include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.