Skip to main content

Apply to host an event on the highway

Where a party is held on any or part of the highway (incl. road, pavement or verge) that would need it to be closed, this is classed as a ‘street party’.

As the highway authority, we need to be made aware of any intentions for parties to be held on the highway, so that appropriate measures can be arranged and coordinated for the safety of party goers and road users.

We have produced guidance notes to help you organise your party, and there is also an application form that will need completing and returning to us.

How to apply

Please email to request an event pack with an application form and helpful information. Completed applications are needed at least six weeks before your party is due to take place.


To cover the legal fees and to meet the cost of the statutory advertising involved, the cost for a street party on the highway is £850.00.  Registered charities organising parties will be considered individually for the waiving of fees.

Details of how to pay will be sent with the confirmation of your successful application.


Was this page helpful?

1 star
Very poor
3 stars
Neither good nor poor
5 stars
Very good
Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK