Apply for a vehicular access licence
You need a licence to construct or work on an existing Vehicle Access.
Some vehicular access requests require planning permission from the district council for location. Please confirm this with your District Council.
To make an application you need:
- Bucks CC recommends a maximum vehicle access width of 4.6m for single dwellings. If your existing vehicle access exceeds this we will be unable to process your application unless there are exceptional circumstances. The limit also applies should you wish to extend an existing vehicle access to beyond 4.6m
- details of the contractor who will carry out works
- details of the Qualified Supervisor
- registration number of the new Roads & Streetworks Supervisor
- a copy of your district council's planning permission letter OR a letter from your district council to confirm that planning permission is not required
Online applications take approximately 4 minutes to complete.
What happens next
Please note that your application will not be processed should you fail to submit the required supporting documents. Failure to submit supporting information will cause delays and may affect your start date.
Applications will take approximately 4 weeks to complete (providing all documents are submitted).
Licences are valid for 2 weeks.
If you are unsure if the area in which you wish to drop the kerb is private or not, please refer to Section 36 - list of streets online