Apply for a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order

You can apply for a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order if you want to temporarily stop or limit vehicular and/or pedestrian traffic along the highway. 

To apply, you will need:

  • Plan indicating clearly the affected section of road or right of way and the alternative route(s);
  • A signing schedule - unless it is being arranged through Transport for Buckinghamshire.


We may waive these fees for registered charities, on condition that the registered charity number is clearly marked on correspondence.

What happens next?

Please note that your application will not be processed should you fail to submit the required supporting documents.  Failure to submit supporting information will cause delays and may affect your start date.

The maximum possible duration of an Order for a highway is 18 months and for a public footpath or bridleway is 6 months. At the end of this period, an application for an extension of the Traffic Regulation Order may be submitted to the Secretary of State. This will incur further costs.

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good