Skip to main content
Fed up with potholes – we are too!

Government funding cuts and pressures from other services such as social care means there isn’t enough money to pay for all the work which needs doing on our roads.

However, a new single council for Buckinghamshire would save at least £18m per year – money which the new council could decide to put into more road resurfacing.

Have your say - it only takes a minute !

Apply for a skip licence

You need a licence to put up a skip on verges, footway, footpath and carriageways.

Your local skip hire company will apply on your behalf.

To all skip companies: If you wish to place a skip in a restricted parking area/bay you will need to contact the NSL at PRIOR to your skip application in order to suspend the bay or you will be subject to penalty charges

Your skip company needs to provide a copy of their insurance schedule which should include a minimum of £5 million public liability cover.

Online applications take approximately 3 minutes to complete.

Please note that your application will not be processed should you fail to submit the required supporting documents.  Failure to submit supporting information will cause delays and may affect your start date.



Help us to improve Buckinghamshire County Council

Don't include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.