Fed up with potholes – we are too!
Government funding cuts and pressures from other services such as social care means there isn’t enough money to pay for all the work which needs doing on our roads.
However, a new single council for Buckinghamshire would save at least £18m per year – money which the new council could decide to put into more road resurfacing.
Have your say - it only takes a minute !
Improvement schemes and projects
9. B489 Lower Icknield Way – Marsworth & Pitstone - new footway
|Where:||B489 Lower Icknield Way – Marsworth & Pitstone|
|When:||February 2018 - April 2018|
Installation of new footway linking the Marsworth & Pitstone villages along B489 Lower Icknield Road
|Developer:||Marsworth & Pitstone Parish Councils|
About the project
Funding has been secured jointly by the Parish Councils through the AVDC New Homes Bonus for the implementation of the scheme to provide a footway alongside the B489 between the 2 villages. TfB (Ringway Jacobs) has been commissioned to complete Installation works which will comprise of:
- Site clearance including removal of sections of hedgerow & cutting back of overgrowth.
- Excavation to formation.
- Installation of drainage solutions.
- Footway works: where kerbed – bound surface, where set back from carriageway – planings / unbound surfacing, tactile paving, kerbs & edgings
- Accommodation works including fencing and gateways.
- Signage works
For further details please see attached scheme drawings:
Last updated: 5 February 2018