Improvement schemes and projects
10. B489 Lower Icknield Way – Marsworth & Pitstone - new footway
|Where:||B489 Lower Icknield Way – Marsworth & Pitstone|
|When:||February 2018 - April 2018|
Installation of new footway linking the Marsworth & Pitstone villages along B489 Lower Icknield Road
|Developer:||Marsworth & Pitstone Parish Councils|
About the project
Funding has been secured jointly by the Parish Councils through the AVDC New Homes Bonus for the implementation of the scheme to provide a footway alongside the B489 between the 2 villages. TfB (Ringway Jacobs) has been commissioned to complete Installation works which will comprise of:
- Site clearance including removal of sections of hedgerow & cutting back of overgrowth.
- Excavation to formation.
- Installation of drainage solutions.
- Footway works: where kerbed – bound surface, where set back from carriageway – planings / unbound surfacing, tactile paving, kerbs & edgings
- Accommodation works including fencing and gateways.
- Signage works
For further details please see attached scheme drawings:
Last updated: 5 February 2018