Improvement schemes and projects
6. A412 Uxbridge Road / Black Park Road Junction
|Where:||A412 Uxbridge Road / Black Park Road junction, Wexham|
|When:||Spring / Summer 2018|
Consultation on junction proposals
|Developer:||Transport for Buckinghamshire|
About the project
Following a review of injury collisions across the county, the A412 Black Park Road junction has been identified as a priority for safety improvements. Between 2008 and 2016 there have been 18 reported injury collisions in the immediate vicinity of the A412 and Black Park Road junction. 13 of these collisions involved turning movements at the junction.
A statutory consultation has been carried out between 21st August 2017 to 29th September 2017, which received a total of 73 responses with 34 supporting the original proposals and 39 objecting to the original proposals. It was agreed that an improved design was required to take into account some of the valid points raised and to address concerns to assist in reducing collisions within the available budget.
Through a design review, the revised proposals are:
- Ban the right turn out of Black Park Road (as previously consulted).
- Ban the ‘U’ turn on the A412 for southbound traffic (as previously consulted). Note the U-turn facility on Black Park Road is maintained.
- Reduce the northbound speed limit on A412 to 50MPH, which includes reducing the northbound lane to a single lane through Black Park Road junction.
These will be implemented by Traffic Regulation Orders, a revised kerbing and island layout and new carriageway road markings.
A link to the proposed revised layout can be found below.
Transport for Buckinghamshire is seeking your views regarding the proposed changes.
Objections must be made in writing, together with the grounds on which those objections are being made. This can be done through:
- An on-line feedback form is available on the following website: www.buckscc.gov.uk/have-your-say
- Or in writing to Trevor Bonsor, Transport for Buckinghamshire, Griffin Lane Depot, Corrib industrial Park, Griffin Lane, Aylesbury, HP19 8BP
Please quote A412 / Black Park Road junction in all correspondence.
The deadline for responses is 01/02/2018.
Following the feedback from the consultation a decision will be made by the County Council, which will be published on the Buckinghamshire County Council website.
Consultation letter and layout drawings
Last updated: 19 February 2018