Skip to main content
One Council - Only 2 days left to give your view!

Have your say  - it only takes a minute!

The role of Highways Development Management

2. Make an appeal

The County Council may recommend that local Planning Authorities refuse applications that are unacceptable on highway grounds. If the Planning Authority accepts this advice and refuse an application, the applicant can lodge a planning appeal against that decision.

Appeals take the form of Written Representations, Hearings and Public Inquiries. Recommendations for refusal may be supported at appeals by evidence, at the request of the local Planning Authority.

You can appeal a planning decision if either:

  • you disagree with it
  • the decision wasn’t made within 8 weeks (13 weeks for a major development, for example 10 or more dwellings or a building of more than 1,000 square metres)

You can also track cases and submit comments on current appeals using the Planning Inspectorate website.

Appeals can be submitted electronically to the Planning Inspectorate (PINS) at:

Print entire guide

Last updated: 20 October 2017

Help us to improve Buckinghamshire County Council

Don't include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.