Skip to main content

Apply online

1. Section 184 Licence

A Section 184 Agreement (Highways Act 1980) requires a developer to enter into an Agreement with the Highway Authority for the construction or alteration of an access relating to a new development. The cost of a Section 184 is £1800.00

Developers are required to produce a quotation from their contractor to show the value of the highway work.

Any access serving less than 3 residential properties will be covered by a private licence.

Agricultural Design Guidance & specification

Commercial Design Guidance & specification

Industrial Design Guidance & specification


Apply for a Section 184

Print entire guide

Last updated: 23 November 2017

Help us to improve Buckinghamshire County Council

Don't include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.