2. Berryfields phase 2
Some work to improve the A41/Western Link Road junction has recently been carried out. An additional signal head has been put in place for westbound drivers. The footbridge at Stone Bridge has also recently been opened.
The cycleway adjacent to Berryfields Lane has been implemented which will link to the Berryfields Academy.
The Berryfields Academy & Primary School have also commenced and a ground breaking ceremony took place on 18 May 2012. Both school's are expected to be open in September 2013.
Forthcoming works (plans are available by clicking on Berryfields at the top of this page)
A Westbound bus stop will be provided near to Stone Bridge and a Toucan Crossing will be installed to allow passengers to cross the A41 near to the bus stop. These are both expected to be installed by the end of 2012.
The 1st section of the Western Link Road(from A41 to the 1st roundabout) is expected to be completed by the end of 2012/early 2013.
Phase 2 involved the following construction works:-
- Earthworks, balancing pond and drainage for the site South East of A41 junction with Western Link Road (A41/WLR)
- Foul sewer installation from initial housing Phase, along the line of the Northern Link Road, just East of Berryfields Lane, across A41 and terminating at the South East of the site. This also runs just West side of Berryfields Lane to serve the Northern area of the site.
- A41/Western Link Rd/Southern Loop Rd traffic signal controlled junction including short section of Western Link Road
- A41 widening and installation of bus lane and shared use footway/cycleway on Northern verge of A41 from A41/WLR junction to Stone Bridge
- New footbridge at Stone Bridge
- Potential improvements to Stone Bridge.
- 200m of Southern Loop Road from A41/WLR junction
- Off line lit footway/cycleway adjacent to realigned Berryfields Lane
- Off line lit footway/cycleway adjacent to propose Eastern Loop Road
- Section of Eastern Loop Road
- Balancing pond and drainage to Northern parcels of development
- Haul Road from existing layby on A41 to Northern parcels of development
The main works which affect the A41 will be the construction of the traffic signal controlled junction at the existing Berryfields Lane junction, the widening of the A41 from Berryfields Lane towards Aylesbury and the potential works to Stone Bridge.
We are overseeing the works being undertaken and ensuring that the works undertaken safely, to minimise disruption to the travelling public and to comply with the various legal agreements which are in place between BCC and the developers.
Further infrastructure will be constructed in future phases including the 1st section of the Western Link Road, Completion of the Northern Loop Road, Northern Link Road and Southern Loop Road and information on the timing of these works will be updated on the website at the appropriate time.
Last updated: 16 January 2017