Day to day highway maintenance
Includes long term and day-to-day work of the roads, bridges, subways, lights, and gullies on Buckinghamshire.
The budget for the day-to-day work, is around £15m every year.
- Roads and footways are inspected monthly, quarterly or annually based on the type of road.
- All Structures are inspected on a two yearly cycle
- Street lights are inspected through the year using night scouts.
- Gullies are inspected every 12 months on A and B roads
- Gullies on C and Unclassified roads every three years
All repairs are based on the risk:
- The extent, depth, surface area
- The volume and speed of traffic
- The location such as junctions and bends
- Forecast weather conditions
Not every defect on the highway requires immediate repair. All issues reported to us are reviewed within 10 days.
- We aim to make emergencies safe within 2 hours.
- Other priority repairs within two, five or 28 days
- Non-urgent will be added to future planned works
Early April we carry out four grass cuts per year
October until mid April daily monitoring begins. Our precautionary routes cover 1405km of the county's A and B roads.