3. Future Cycle Opportunities for Residents
- These are subsidised as part of a government Bikeability Plus Scheme
- Everyone must pay an admin fee
- Training must be delivered from the Approved List
- To recycle old bikes and give them to those in the community who do not have the resource to buy their own.
- Giving families better access to bikes for children, more will be able to take part in the core Bikeability training.
Bikeability (£5 admin cost)
- A series of led rides along set, low traffic/traffic free routes, designed to boost confidence.
- You can be new to cycling, or returning to cycling.
- The rides should aim to encourage regular cycling and are an opportunity to put into practice the skills learned in core Bikeability.
- The rides will be short and focus of leisurely/pleasant/practical routes.
- They are not made for sports riding or training experience riders.
Print entire guide
Last updated: 2 March 2020