Bikeability Application Closed
The funding window will reopen in the Sumer Term 2020 for schools to apply for funding for training that will take place during the Autumn term. Schools will be notified of the date early May 2020.
Bikeability Terms and Conditions
From April 2017 until March 2020 there is a limited amount of funding available from the Department for Transport for Bikeability cycle training. Consequently, funding bids have to be prioritised. Criteria for assessing the bids will be based on the answers on this form (e.g. whether schools are committed to encouraging sustainable travel, especially cycling). In addition, Buckinghamshire County Council will prioritise a school that provides more than one level of training. Priority may also be given to certain identified target areas.
Schools need to bid for funding the term their training course is due to take place – e.g. apply for funding in the Summer term for a training course being held in the Autumn term
This application form is for Bikeability Core Level 1, 2 and 3 funding, and also the Bikeability Plus Modules. Any schools bidding for this funding must abide by these Terms and Conditions.
- All training is subsidised – however an administration fee needs to be paid as listed (details of these fees are confirmed below). This administration fee (which varies depending on the level or module selected) will need to be paid by the school direct to the school’s nominated Provider.
- If your chosen Provider is VAT registered they will add VAT to the schools ‘Administration’ costs.
- The additional funding required will be will be transferred to a schools nominated Provider once all training is complete and numbers have been confirmed by the school and Provider to Buckinghamshire County Council.
- All schools must agree to complete a monitoring form on completion of the training and participate in any evaluation of Bikeability from Buckinghamshire County Council or the Department for Transport.
- Buckinghamshire County Council’s decision is final.
Funding must be confirmed by Buckinghamshire County Council before training takes place. Funding will not be allocated retrospectively.
Core Level 1 is for children in Years 3 – 4 at a cost of £5 per place. The school/parent will provide the administration fee for these places. No funding is required from Buckinghamshire County Council.
Core Level 2 is for children in Years 5 & 6 at a cost of £40 per place. The school/parent will need to pay a £10 administration fee to the chosen Provider and then Buckinghamshire County Council will fund the remaining £30.
Core Level 3 is for children in Years 7 and above at a cost of £40 per place. The school/parent will need to pay a £10 administration fee to the chosen Provider and then Buckinghamshire County Council will fund the remaining £30.
Bikeability Balance Plus Module is available for children in Reception and Year 1. The school/parent will need to pay a £5 administration fee to the chosen Provider and then Buckinghamshire County Council will fund the remaining £20.
Bikeability Learn to Ride Plus Module is available for children in Years 5 and above. The school/parent will need to pay a £5 administration fee to the chosen Provider and then Buckinghamshire County Council will fund the remaining £15.
Bikeability Transition Plus Module is available for children in Year 6. The school/parent will need to pay a £5 administration fee to the chosen Provider and then Buckinghamshire County Council will fund the remaining £10.
NB: Providers will work in certain geographical areas and will deliver elements of the offer according to their contract with Buckinghamshire County Council. Therefore schools are permitted to work with more than one Provider.
Schools should make sure their bids are realistic as over estimating potential numbers taking part could mean other schools are unable to secure funding. It is recommended that schools ascertain numbers in advance of submitting their bid (schools are recommended to take advice from their nominated provider to numbers).
Please note the closing date for applications is 2pm on Monday 17th February 2020. School will be notified by Wednesday the 26th February 2020 the outcome of their application.