Concessionary Bus Pass FAQs

2. Am I Eligible for a Disabled Person’s Bus Pass?

To be eligible your disability must be permanent, lasted at least 12 months or likely to last at least 12 months.

The following are set by the government, under the Transport Act 2000:

  • Blind or partially sighted
  • Profoundly or severely deaf
  • Without speech
  • Have a disability or have an injury which has substantial and long-term effect on your ability to walk.
  • Do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms.
  • Have a learning disability
  • Have been refused a driving license due to physical incapacity, this does not include refusal on grounds of
    • drug misuse
    • alcohol misuse
  • Are in receipt of Higher Rate Mobility  for Disability Living Allowance (HRMCDLA)

Your form must be signed by a Health Practitioner, any charge for this would be for you to pay. 

Print entire guide

Last updated: 12 March 2019

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good