Apply for or renew an older person's bus pass
You can get a bus pass for free travel when you reach the female State Pension age, whether you're a man or a woman. You can check your State Pension age online.
To apply online, you'll need:
- an email address
- your National Insurance Number
- a passport-style photograph
Other ways to apply
To apply by post, fill in the application for a bus pass form.
You'll need to provide:
- a signed photocopy of your passport or birth certificate (please do not send original documents)
- proof of residence such as a bank statement or Council Tax bill
Send your application to: Buckinghamshire County Council, Concessional Bus Passes, King George V House, King George V Road, Amersham, HP6 5AW.
Renew an existing pass
You can renew your bus pass if it's due to expire within the next 90 days. If your pass has already expired, you can renew it up to 180 days after the expiry date.
- your existing bus pass
- your National Insurance number
- an email address (if renewing online)
You can also renew a bus pass by calling our automated telephone service on 01296 873 011.
If your bus pass expired more than 180 days ago, or you have moved since your last pass, please get in touch.
Replacing a lost or stolen pass
If your pass has been lost or stolen, download and fill in the replacement bus pass form.
There is a £10 charge to replace a lost or damaged pass.
Bus Pass Team