Skip to main content
Help us improve our website

If you would like to help us test some of the new services we are currently working on please let us know.

Fed up with potholes – we are too!

Government funding cuts and pressures from other services such as social care means there isn’t enough money to pay for all the work which needs doing on our roads.

However, a new single council for Buckinghamshire would save at least £18m per year – money which the new council could decide to put into more road resurfacing.

Have your say - it only takes a minute !

Apply for or renew an older person's bus pass

For information about the scheme including eligibility and where/when the pass can be used please see our Frequently Asked Questions

First time applications

To apply online you'll need:

  • an email address
  • your National Insurance Number
  • a passport-style photograph


Alternatively you can apply using the application form 

You will need to include a signed photocopy of your passport or birth certificate (please do not send original documents) and proof of residence such as a bank statement or Council Tax bill.

For more information please call  01494 586539 alternatively you can email us at

Renewing an existing pass

If your bus pass expires within the next 90 days you can renew now using our automated phone line 01296 873011 or the online portal below. Please note you will need:

  • Your existing bus pass 
  • Your National Insurance number
  • An email address if renewing online

You can choose to use the photograph we already have or if you are renewing online you can upload a new passport style photograph if you wish. 

If your pass has expired you can renew using these methods up to 180 days from the expiry date. 


If your bus pass has expired more than 180 days ago, or your home address has changed since receiving your last pass you will not be able to renew using the above methods. Please contact the Bus Pass team on 01494 586539 or

Replacing a lost or stolen pass

If your pass has been lost or stolen please download and fill in the replacement pass form. There is a £10 charge to replace a lost or damaged pass. 


Help us to improve Buckinghamshire County Council

Don't include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.