2. Statutory Airport Expansion Consultation
Heathrow Airport Limited undertook their statutory consultation between 18 June 2019 and 13 September 2019. The consultation sought the views from the public and statutory bodies by building on expansion proposal developments and previous consultation responses.
This consultation sought feedback on four key areas:
- The preferred masterplan - What the expanded Heathrow could look like on the ground. This revealed the airport's growth in phases up until an end state vision in 2050.
- Future airport operational plans - How the airport will be operated for both a 2 runway airport (2021 to 2026) and a 3 runway airport. This included the proposed worst case scenario for aircraft noise impacts and options for important elements such as flight alternation and night flights.
- Assessment of the expansion - How HAL will be assessing the impacts of the expansion proposal on local communities and the environment.
- Managing the impacts of expansion - How HAL proposes to mitigate or compensate the impacts of the expansion. Including property and noise compensation, a Community Compensation Fund and measures related to climate change.
The consultation documents are available on Heathrow's consultation website.
Last updated: 10 October 2019