Home Library Service computer volunteer
The helps aims to keep Buckinghamshire residents, who find it difficult to visit a library connected to reading and their local community. There are many ways that people can access information and books online, if they have the digital skills to do so.
As a computer volunteer you would be matched with clients who would like to improve their digital skills via the online Learn My Way platform.
Applying to volunteer in a library
Our library staff may contact you shortly to discuss your application and answer any questions you may have.
Before you start you will need:
- Details of 2 referees
Some roles require a DBS check to ensure the protection of vulnerable residents.
You must be 18 or over to apply
- To work with clients in their own homes to introduce them to the internet and teach them basic online skills using the Learn My Way website.
- To discuss client’s interests and look for the best ways to introduce them to the internet.
- To show clients the online library services that are available.
Skills and abilities needed
- Good, sound knowledge the internet (training on Learn My Way will be given).
- Good communication skills.
- To be able to commit to visiting your clients on a regular basis for the duration of the training.