Adults' events volunteer
We also offer a range of events for our adult customers, including author talks, writing groups and knit and natter groups to name but a few.
As an events assistant you would be helping with a variety of tasks, from setting up for the event to helping with refreshments. If this is something that you may be interested in doing then please pop into your local library to get a flavour of what’s on.
Applying to volunteer in a library
Our library staff may contact you shortly to discuss your application and answer any questions you may have. Please contact us for more information about any volunteer role.
Before you start you will need:
- Details of 2 referees
Some volunteer roles require a DBS check to ensure the protection of vulnerable residents. We will advise you how this process is carried out if necessary.
- To set up a space in the library in preparation for an event (for example a talk, coffee morning or games afternoon).
- To help to provide refreshments.
- To welcome the customers to the activities.
- To help to tidy the area after the event.
Skills and abilities needed
- Friendly and welcoming.
- Willingness to help with a variety of different events.
- Able to help out on an ad hoc basis.