EU Settlement Scheme - How your library can help
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family will be able to apply online to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021. The settlement scheme is open fully from 30 March 2019. Find out more about preparing for Brexit.
We have in all libraries.
- All county libraries will signpost any enquirers to relevant webpages on the .
- For those who need more information or have a question, county libraries will signpost to the and .
- All libraries will provide unlimited free access to public pcs to complete the online form and advise customers to allow sufficient time before library closes for the day.
- All county libraries will signpost to the for those who are unable to complete the form online. This offers telephone advice and home visits as well as appointments at designated centres.
- Before you can apply for the EU Settlement Scheme, you need to have your identity documents verified. This can be done by downloading the 'EU Exit: ID Document Check' app on an Android device with NFC (near field communication) and scanning your documents. More information is available on the .
If you do not have access to a suitable phone, you can book an appointment with Buckinghamshire registrars to have your id documents verified by visiting the . More locations for document verification are listed on the .
- If customers cannot scan documents or visit a location for ID verification, all county libraries will signpost to .
- All county libraries will have available a list of documents required for completing the application online so applicants can check in advance that they have the and will also have available a list of acceptable documents to provide should this be required.
- All county libraries will support applicants to complete the online form in accordance with our . Libraries will facilitate access and maintain confidentiality but are unable to advise people what information they should input into an online form or complete an online form on behalf of someone. Those requiring assistance will be signposted as above.
- Staff cannot assist with scanning documents on the phone or taking photos.