Boardmaker is computer software that contains thousands of Picture Communication Symbols.
Symbols can be used with anyone who may need additional support with communication.
They can be used with:
- Children and adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- People with English as an additional language
- Anyone with a disability or impairment that
affects communication or memory
You can use symbols to create visual schedules or reminders, to create instruction sheets for the classroom or social stories, or to support PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System).
Boardmaker Software is available in the following libraries:
- Amersham - PC5
- Aylesbury Study Centre - PC15
- Beaconsfield - PC4
- Buckingham - PC1
- Burnham - PC5
- Chesham - PC11
- Hazlemere - PC5
- High Wycombe - PC31
- Marlow - PC6
- Princes Risborough - PC4
Every library with Boardmaker has a laminator so that you can laminate your pages and symbols after printing.
- There is no charge for using Boardmaker in libraries
- Regular library charges apply for printing.
- There is a charge for laminating your pages and symbols