COVID-19 update to Buckinghamshire library services - All libraries have closed from Thursday 5 November
Aylesbury, Beaconsfield, Buckingham, Chesham and High Wycombe libraries are open as collection points for the Request and Collect service and to provide essential computer access only. Some community libraries are also offering a limited service. Please see your local library’s page for more information. Wi-Fi access at all libraries is suspended.
Improving Marlow Library – feedback from Customer Survey January 2019
A total of 285 survey forms and 13 emailed comments were received as part of the engagement exercise that was undertaken between mid-December 2018 and the end of January 2019.
The highest ranked suggestions from customers are:
- Create a comfortable, informal and social environment with refreshments/ vending and comfortable seating
- Improvements to the Children’s library and more activities for children
- A number of comments supported the relocation of the Museum
- New meeting spaces and improved access to other local services
- More social and cultural events and activities e.g. Coffee morning, author/poetry, adult learning, hobbies, board games, films, U3A, drawing, speakers
- More books and increased opening hours
Discussions have taken place with Marlow Museum to look at the feasibility of moving the Museum in to the library. The demands on library space and the need for the Museum to retain a strong physical identity have meant that it has not been possible to identify a way of co-locating both parties. The Library and Museum will continue to work together to look at ways of promoting the resources of the Museum and encouraging visitors.
A design will be worked up based on customer comments and we are aiming to share this with customers in October 2019